We think it’s safe to say that the Holiday Season has officially begun as the “elves” are already busy getting your Marina all spruced up and ready for Christmas and we’re down to counting the days 'till Turkey Time.
We’ve been busy enjoying our lovely fall and all its beautiful days - so beautiful it’s been a little while since I sat down behind the computer so update our blog, so here goes:
- The fishing report is good. Lots of tournaments and great catches are being reported. The fish are loving these cooler water temps! Be sure to follow our tenant, Dan’s Delta Outdoors, on Facebook for weekly fishing reports.
- Timely news that I’m sure you will all join me in giving Thanks for….The False River barrier is finally completely down! A much welcomed feat as that is one of our great waterways.
- With the weather changing, please be vigilant about tying up your boats and having them buttoned down. We don’t want you to have any surprises with the expected storms.
A few dates for your calendars:
- Be sure to put December 5th down for the Lited Boat Parade, hosted this year by Sportsmen Yacht Club. Entry form and dinner reservations (reservations a must) can be found on their website www.sportsmenyc.org The boats will line up at the Antioch Bridge (in front of our marina) at . What a great sight!
- As we see other holiday events pop up we’ll be sure and update them via facebook - so make sure you’re continuing to check our site!
That’s about it for now so we’ll end with this: Not to discount the importance of food and football, but Thanksgiving is a at it’s core about giving thanks for all the goodness we have in our lives, and here at Driftwood we’re so Thankful for all of you who make this Marina such a special place. So from our proverbial table to yours', a very Happy Thanksgiving to you all!