Happy New Year to all at Driftwood Marina. We had a wonderful holiday spent filled with family and friends, and are now looking forward to a fun-filled 2015 – hopefully with lots of time on the water!
As we kick off the new year, a few updates below for you:
- I hear through the grapevine that the San Francisco Boat show this past weekend was a roaring success. We didn’t make it down to this one, but if anyone has any pictures or stories feel free to pass along and we’ll post to the FaceBook page.
- It’s that time of year again – the Superbowl is quickly approaching, this weekend! Deflategate aside (it was just another one of those equipment managers gone rogue, really….?), the annual Sturgeon Derby is a go and will be held in Macavoy’s Harbor. Now in its 31st year, if you’re not glued to your TV then come on down. http://www.originalsturgeonderby.com/
- Exciting news related to one of our own! A big congratulations to Nick Rassushin, on his election and installation as the Commodore of the Diablo Yacht Club for the 2015 Cruising Year. I know the Diablo Yacht Club is looking forward to another year of fun on the Delta Waterways under his leadership. Congrats’, Nick!
- As you may have noticed, the hyacinth continues to flourish…ie, grow at a ridiculous pace and in huge amounts. In the words of Rowena Coestsee of the Contra Costa Times, “Delta water weed problems called the worst in years...” and we agree! (Click here to check out her article). We’re working hard to keep up with the growth and the waterways clear - as are all the other boating communities thorough-out the Delta - and will continue to keep you informed.
- For many January can be a month of action (New Year’s resolutions, getting organized for the next year, etc.), so if you have any friends / neighbors looking for a new space to house their boat please let them know that Driftwood does have berths of a variety of sizes available. Unlike prior years, we even have a few covered slips in the 40’-50’ range!
- Lastly, we’ll be hosting two upcoming community social events at the Marina: Our “Opening-Day” open house will be in early April, and the “Berther Appreciation” picnic will be in late May. Keep an eye-out for the dates and additional details shortly – we’ll likely post the details on the Facebook and circulate fliers.
That’s it for this month folks.